dinsdag 11 juni 2013

Focus

A couple of weeks ago I set up my solo exhibition 'Urban Infusions' in Grizedale visitor centre cafe in The Lake District and also attended Strummercamp artshow. I also collected my work at Goburrito in Lancaster and The Lass 'O Gowrie in Manchester. All within 2 weeks I touched all the my artwork at had to do some selecting. I am also looking at attending new events and that makes you think about which works to bring to new events and realised I have a lot of different things:

Standing, not hanging:
- Medium sized sculptures with bright colours and without bones; GoGo, Cungo, Hom Rottey, Robit and Eyespresso.


- Medium sized sculptures with bright colours and with bones; This Transformer below, but also The Fellracer, Monkey Business and Mr. Clean.


- Small bone based sculptures, sculptures like the Christmas characters or the ones I use in my street photos


- Small stone based sculptures around fossils or fossils created on them. 



- Big fossils of fictional characters; Finished only one so far of the big ones, will finish a big one soon this week!



Hanging:
- Skull based sculptures in various styles



- Paintings


- 2D sculptures; The Wile E Coyote road kill piece and Incorporated (below)


- Fridge magnets



- Started to do badges, no photos yet

So for new events I like to make new things, but feel I have so many already and quite a few I haven't fully explored before I go to another new form. Yes, I feel I need to focus on a few to get better at them and make my work more recognisable. The question is; What type of work do I need to focus on? This is so hard, because I love every single one of them. Got a bit tired with the casting en making the sculptures without bones, but I am fully motivated to work on them again, mainly because I have got a bit more freedom to add character to them. 
I don't want to make new types of art for now, so what did you enjoyed the most? I have set up a poll on Facebook and would appreciate giving your opinion and click on one or two types that you think I should make more of.

Off course I have de freedom to do something different, but I am an artist it is part of my DNA. However, it doesn't mean I am ignoring you. I recently discovered I do use peoples advice more than I thought I would, so you will have more influence then you would see at first glance.

Thanks!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten