woensdag 20 februari 2013

Roadrunner inspiration

The previous post I wrote about cartoons inspiring my work. This time I want to devote a post to just one cartoon: Roadrunner. I have made a GoGo bird based on the extinct Dodo and Roadrunner: http://www.imsobo.com/gogo.html



But I actually like Wile E Coyote as a character even more! I have made a 2D sculpture of him made from real roadkill:
http://www.imsobo.com/2d.html



So why do I like Wile E Coyote?

Wile E Coyote has a lot more depth and character than Roadrunner. Important for me, as is for me in people, he is not arrogant. The funny bit hides in his constant overestimation of his intellect, but also some impossible bad luck. The character has also one of the best life lessons. Did you know he ones caught Roadrunner? He didn’t know what to do. If you reach a goal, you either move on to another or your life stops. Wile E Coyote is perfect proof of life being about the journey and not where you are heading.

I can mention, I am currently working on a new quite big sculpture based on this character. More to follow!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten