maandag 19 november 2012

Christmas decorations

Most of you, who have been following me on Facebook, already know I am busy making Christmas decorations for a couple of fairs. I am making a lot of these small sculptures with a bone as a base and they are taking most of my time, so I don't have any exciting new artistic developments to show. But these Christmas decorations are a bit of a exploration of the humour in my work. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and I hope that these Christmas decorations will give me a better feeling what works and what doesn't.

I know that some characters are a hit, but have no idea which ones will be the strongest and only one way to find out and that is try to sell them. The first Christmas decorations I have send to a new pop-up shop in Amsterdam, set up specifically for Christmas: The Amsterdam Street Art shop. This shop will open the 24th of November and will close at 18.00h on the 22nd of December.
Second is a small Christmas fair in the Gregson community centre in Lancaster. Last, but certainly not least, is the Winter Arts Market in Liverpool and I will be there on the 8th of December.

Some pictures of the decorations I have finished so far:





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten