vrijdag 7 september 2012

Commissioned work

This week I have been thinking about new ideas to make bigger sculptures for a specific venue. I have been asked to come up with an idea for that venue, which is really exciting! 
The main problem so far was connecting the materials I want to use with the style/feel of the sculptures. I want to use bones & skulls, very familiar, and mountain bike parts. I prefer to have a bright coloured funny looking style for these, as always. I had some ideas, but were to me a bit straightforward. So I now started to think in images of other things, not necessarily artworks, that represent what I want. This is something that generally always helps. The brain is a clever thing; plant those images in your head and you will eventually get the idea just before you fall asleep or when you wake up!

Well, I am not there yet, but I feel like I am getting close to be disconnected enough from what I have made in the past to recreate and tick the right boxes for this project.

The last 20 images I added to my Pinterest 'inspiration' board gives an idea: http://pinterest.com/drfreakinstyle/inspiration/

Looking to create something with interesting shapes, but clearly a figure or cartoon character. This sculpture of mine comes close to what I want:




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten