zondag 2 september 2012

Christmas decorations

Yes, I am early with this, but missed the boat last year!

The small sculptures I use for street photos are the inspiration for making the first Christmas decorations. I started using neck vertebrae from sheep to make a Santa Claus and I liked the weird shape and the positioning of the hands and feet on that.


I also started on some fairy's, different ones, I haven't decided which one works the best. I will have a photo of a third version soon.


Then I started on Rudolph the red nose reindeer and both versions work for me very well! Especially this one:


I am not 100% sure, but quite confident that this neck vertebrae is from an actual deer and if so, most likely from a Fallow deer. I have got more deer bones and will use those to to create Rudolphs.

I have also created some Christmas postcards and the first sample should be here soon! It is definitely not the usual Christmas card, but you probably are not surprised.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten