vrijdag 18 mei 2012

Collateral Rubbish

Finished a new sculpture this week and it is a sheep skull! I finally got around using a plastic mosaic on a skull, which is something I wanted to do for a long time. I am very pleased with the result and it made me more convinced that this way of decorating a skull is a great way, visually but also as a message!





The story behind it:

In this sculpture I used the bright colours of our money driven modern nature to create a contrast that forms a spotlight for Mother Nature. We are now spoiling our environment and its resources because we lost the gift to value things ourselves. We need companies and herds of people to tell us what is nice and what isn’t, which result in a price tag. Our lack of criticism is creating waste along this conveyor belt of billboard progress. I went out by myself to create something positive out of ignored resources and created this out of the herd individual.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten