woensdag 4 januari 2012

The story

Still trying to figure this out. It is hard to make a sculpture with all my desired features in it:
- natural found objects
- Cartoon character
- Consumer symbol
- symbol for people always following other people
- Prefered decorative style; Delft blue ceramic paintstyle
Ok, I do use sheep bones and sheep ..... are sheep, therefor covering the last criterium and the first. Cartoon character is also possible in this, but becomes harder. Only I find that the consuming part fades. I have now made a new abstract skull covered in a mosaic made from thrown away plastic bottles. So no natural object. I feel I am getting close, but the next question is, can I come up with a format that I can repeat and still have enough flexibility to innovate?


And how can I add my own story to it? From Finance to sculptor in bad economic times and always busy with plants and outdoor activities. ....I am thinking out loud!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten