zondag 27 november 2011

The story of the Fellracer

So I have created my so called 'Fellracer'. I always wanted to make a sports freak, because I love sports! My main focus was to create a freak like the onse I made half a year ago, mix it with bones, give it hint of Pop-art, make it low barrier and adding a decorative paintstyle based on Delft blue.



I created a moving, slightly struggling figure where the legs are most important, because in running and mountainbiking these do most of the work. The legs are not identical to express a history of training injuries. The shapes of the clay have to add the 'Transformers look', adding the less obvious Pop-art style into it. You could argue with this, but I think a 'Transformers look' also adds a bit of the Dutch painter Piet Mondriaan into the sculpture. The decorative paint style I used to add the Olympic theme.

The last photo actually shows the dead sheep where the skull I used came from.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten